Being grateful makes us happier
Imagine feeling thankful and full of joy on an ongoing basis.
A major step in that direction is through a daily gratitude ritual.
Each day expressing thankfulness and appreciation in all parts of your life for both the big and small things alike means you concentrate on what have, not what you don’t have enough of.
Here are a few hints to develop a daily gratitude ritual:
- Wake up every day and tell yourself (or someone else) what you are grateful for
- Get each member of your family to say one thing they are grateful for at the dinner table
- At the end of the day list the 3 things you are most grateful for
- Start a gratitude journal – Write down all the things you are grateful for every night.
- Recognise and be grateful for the positive things you have done in your life, no matter how big or small
- Let others know how grateful you are for who they are or what they have done.
Being grateful has shown to make us happier and healthier and even help marriages work! The physical and psychosocial benefits of this simple rituals are quite amazing.
Try adopting a gratitude ritual each day. If you’re on the Ritualize app, you can enter what you’re grateful for on your ritual board and either let others know through the Ritualize feed or keep it private. Either way, you will start feeling the benefits for yourself and others around you almost straight away.